2006/08/02

Alvy

ANNIE
You followed me. I can't believe it!

ALVY
I didn't follow you!

ANNIE
You followed me!

ALVY
Why? 'Cause I ... was walkin' along
a block behind you staring at you?
That's not following!

ANNIE
Well, what is your definition of
following?

ALVY
Following is different. I was spying.

ANNIE
Do you realize how paranoid you are?

ALVY
Paranoid? I'm looking at you. You
got your arms around another guy.

ANNIE
That is the worst kind of paranoia.

ALVY
Yeah-well, I didn't start out spying.
I-I thought I'd surprise yuh. Pick you
up after school.

ANNIE
Yeah-well, you wanted to keep the
relationship flexible, remember?
It's your phrase.

ALVY
Oh, stop it. But you were having an
affair with your college professor.
That jerk that teaches that incredible
crap course "Contemporary Crisis in
Western Man"!

ANNIE
"Existential Motifs in Russian Literature"!
You're really close.

ALVY
What's the difference? It's all mental
masturbation.

ANNIE
Oh, well, now we're finally getting to
a subject you know something about!

ALVY
Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's
sex with someone I love.

(nem mais...)